Friday 5 August 2011

Photo fun

Well, not really fun. I am one of those jewellery makers who hates taking photos. I just find it so time consuming when I'd rather be playing with shiny things. And my photos are never as good as the real thing.

Over time I've been picking up tips. I read an article a while back with some really useful tips on camera setup and got some useful info on the macro and AWB settings and getting a tripod. So far I have resisted buying light tents and special lighting. I don't have much storage space and I just felt that they would take ages to setup.

But on reading The Beading Gem's fab articles on the Modahaus tabletop backdrop recently, I felt the need to try it. It arrived today and I am really pleased with it. I can finally stop blue-tacking bits of white paper everywhere. Well, I will be able to when I figure out the angles. This is one of my first photos.

I can't say I enjoy photographing my pieces yet, but it's getting slowly easier to get better results I think...

(BTW if you are interested there's 10% discount code for the Modahaus thingy on The Beading Gem's blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment